1. Life in Berlin was extremely poor. Berlin was devastated after the war. A “ghost city”.
2. The Soviets imposed Communism in it’s area whilst in the west, capitalism was the system of government. The USSR isolated it’s zone and The Allied didn’t.
3. Because the Allies changed the currency so they could make an union and get more powerful than the Soviet side. Their side would be much better economically speaking so communism wouldn’t spread.
4. Because it showed the power of The Allies. It was a symbol of the growing power of the Allies and of containment.
5. The USSR didn’t let Berliners get food unless they passed to their side so USA kept sending munitions to their Berlin zone.
6. Because after 10 months of continued plane supplies, Stalin realized that the Allies wouldn’t give up with this issue.
CORRECTION OF THE CHART AND DEEP ANALYSIS MADE IN CLASS: